Principal/Senior Software Engineer
Here at Xiatech, we believe that a great work-life balance leads to a contented and productive team. We enable all our teams to work remotely in order that they enjoy the flexibility and freedom to work at a time and place convenient to their lifestyle. Of course, when it comes to the serious stuff of doing business, everyone at Xiatech makes themselves available and delivers to a high standard.
Using the latest in Open Source, Microservices, Big Data and Cloud technologies, Xiatech has developed Xfuze, an innovative Hyper-Integration Platform.
Xfuze (Hyper-Integration Platform – Xiatech)provides organisations with three core capabilities in a single platform:
- Real-time system integration
- Real-time, single view of data
- Real-time, actionable insights, including predictive analytics
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to define and develop the features and functionality of the next iteration of our Single Data View Platform, including involvement in the roadmap and prioritisation of new requirements, leveraging Apache Flink and latest stream processing technologies for distributed computing.
They will work closely with the CTO, Head of Engineering, product team, stakeholders and their peers in the technical development team, ensuring all requirements and views are represented in delivering the final SDV product. This includes all elements of the platform, including the integrations, APIs, microservices, cloud services, data flows, back office tooling, deployment, etc.
You will be an integral part of the engineering team and work mostly remotely. There will be occasional travels to our office in London (Camden town) but this won’t be essential as the position will be primarily remote based. You will be working with the very latest technologies from our partners at Amazon, Google and will be required to have prior experience in developing cutting edge, real-time integration or data related software.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual looking for a role in a company which can offer career progression, personal development and on-the-job training. This exciting role will have a genuine impact from day one and will enable the right person to progress their career in a rapidly expanding organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Working with the CTO, Head of Engineering, engineers, devops, support and data team and wider business to develop the features and functionality required for the next iteration of our SDV platform
- Design and development of stream processing platform based on Apache Flink and AWS
- Work with data models, mapping and comfortable with metamodels and codegen
- Understanding the relevant Epics and Stories from the product backlog in Jira.
- Attending daily stand-ups and working with the Project and Business teams to ensure that any blockers are owned and cleared providing any relevant escalations path for resolution
- Providing regular feedback to all stakeholders on the backlog and sprint achievements, communicating any delays
- Providing industry insight, innovation and relevant expertise
- Partaking in the testing of newly delivered stories and ensure they deliver the required outcome
Your Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in high throughput distributed systems & microservices
- Integration (not ETL) and backend dev experience of low latency systems – not web development
- Architecture and data modelling experience
- Engineering background – Preferably Golang, or at least 5 years’ experience in any of C / C++ / C# / Java / Scala and some limited Golang experience
- Apache Flink ideal or other engines: Spark, Beam, Dataflow, Pulsar, etc.
- A working experience of Kafka or Kinesis
- AWS serverless services: lambda, SQS, SNS, etc.
- AWS Fargate, Kubernetes (desirable), Terraform (desirable)
- Experience of NoSql document Databases like MongoDB, Dynamo, Cassandra (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of the Agile development process and tools
- Good working knowledge of system integration and business requirements process
- Experience of working as a Senior Engineer on large scale integration or data platforms or similar
- Experience of working with large scale, high volume, real-time data, applications and infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- A strong passion for, and experience of working within a data-driven environment
- Can work on your own without constant supervision
- Problem solver
If you would like the opportunity to join an established UK-based Software as a Service organisation who believe in using the latest leading-edge technology to drive business growth, please enquire now by applying below.
If you receive an offer of employment, this will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of a right to work & identity check, a reference check and a basic criminal record check for any unspent convictions.
Xiatech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.