Here at Xiatech, we believe that a great work-life balance leads to a contented and productive team. We enable all our teams to work remotely in order that they enjoy the flexibility and freedom to work at a time and place convenient to their lifestyle. Of course, when it comes to the serious stuff of doing business, everyone at Xiatech makes themselves available and delivers to a high standard.
Using the latest in Open Source, Microservices, Big Data, and Cloud technologies, Xiatech has developed Xfuze, an innovative Hyper-Integration Platform.
Xfuze (Hyper-Integration Platform – Xiatech) provides organisations with three core capabilities in a single platform:
1. Real-time system integration
2. Real-time, single view of data
3. Real-time, actionable insights, including predictive analytics
Our QA Specialists work directly with their agile software delivery team and are responsible for the development and upkeep of tests within the software deployment pipeline.
Working as part of the agile delivery team, you are responsible for capturing testing requirements, and acceptance criteria, running the testing, and reporting results.
The role is primarily working with our data platform, heavy backend, and minimal frontend, therefore testing will be focused on data flows, API, and integration points rather than user interfaces.
You will be working with the very latest technologies in an exciting and fast-paced environment. Our data platform Xfuze is one of the best in the industry, leveraging best-of-breed technologies and handling business-critical operations for our customers.
QA is a relatively new role to Xiatech and one we really value. It is an opportunity to lead the way and have a voice about what you think will really help us to move forward. This will be an ideal role for someone who either has prior automation experience or is looking to develop in this area over time.
Attitude is fundamental for us and we will always give the chance to a motivated individual to learn and progress. This is part of our culture. The role requires the ability to think through scenarios and how to approach testing in the best possible way. You will need to create your own test scripts rather than following a ready-made suite of scripts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual looking for a role in a company that can offer career progression, personal development, and on-the-job training. This exciting role will have a genuine impact from day one and will enable the right person to progress their career in a rapidly expanding organisation.
Your duties will include:
QA within the teams
- Working alongside engineers to ensure we achieve incremental delivery of working software to our clients to a high quality.
- Creating and executing test plans using a range of manual and automated testing techniques, including performance testing.
- Working with the Product Owner and engineers to define acceptance criteria and refine functional, as well as non-functional requirements.
- Identifying, defining, and capturing testing requirements for the stories and epics within your team’s backlog.
- Setting up and managing test data.
- Participating in daily scrums, sprint reviews, and other agile events to ensure understanding, collaboration, and clarity on direction.
- Clearly and regularly reporting progress and quality metrics, along with any delays or quality issues.
- Participate to the automation testing implementation by either implementing automated tests or reviewing tests written by developers.
- Championing quality within the organisation and promoting it as being a responsibility of the whole team, not just QA Specialists.
- Keeping current with industry best practices and relevant technologies.
- Suggest improvements in order to continuously improve our ways of working and practices both within your delivery and wider engineering team.
- Building and maintaining a client relationship along with your delivery team supported by the Product Owner and Delivery Lead.
- During UAT you may have daily contact with our external clients so you will need to be able to understand their requirements and business processes to help them with their testing.
- Be willing to understand the Client’s 3rd party systems and where appropriate work alongside their testers for SIT.
Your Knowledge & Experience:
- 2 years of experience in a QA/Testing role.
- Worked as part of a cross-functional team using agile/lean methodologies and practices.
- Comfortable writing test plans and maintaining test suites.
- Experience with a variety of different manual testing techniques such as API, regression, and commission testing.
- Experience testing data-centric/API solutions without front ends and within cloud infrastructures (GCP/AWS).
- An interest or prior experience implementing automated testing, including unit, integration, and e2e tests.
- Experience working with multiple types of data stores to query and create test data, such as document (MongoDB), data warehouses (BigQuery), cache (Redis), relational databases, and object stores such as s3.
- An interest or prior experience coding using a modern language such as Golang, JS, or Python and an interest in developing this further.
- Experience testing Docker/K8s and serverless applications would be advantageous.
- Good communication, written and verbal.
- Data-driven and analytical.
- Problem solver
If you would like the opportunity to join an established UK-based Software as a Service organisation who believe in using the latest leading-edge technology to drive business growth, please enquire now by emailing [email protected].
If you receive an offer of employment, this will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of a right to work & identity check, a reference check and a basic criminal record check for any unspent convictions.
Xiatech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
We have an awesome Talent Acquisition Specialist, and exclusive terms signed with a Recruitment Agency. We’re unable to work with other recruiters at this time so please don’t reach out regarding our roles.
Please apply via Workable.
Subscribe to The Hyper-Insights Newsletter
Discover the benefits of a Hyper-connected business with infinite possibilities. Bringing the latest news and tips to your inbox from our expert team.